Joining the team at Haught Codeworks isn't like your typical software gig. We're a small, tight-knit team of professionals building software in the smartest, most efficient manner.
Our vision is to perfect the art and craft of building amazing software by bringing together design, engineering, and product management into a lean, holistic, joyful, and sustainable process.
We embrace Kaizen, the Japanese practice of continuous improvement, as a central part of our culture. In 2012, we started a software apprenticeship program that has had six apprentices. We know how to be inclusive and help you level up your technical and non-technical skills.
Full Stack Developer
We are looking to add a full stack developer to our team. For this position, we are seeking someone in the experience range from mid-level to senior. This position includes a mentoring component to help you along the path to senior engineer.
Haught Codeworks is a boutique software consultancy in Colorado focused on building high quality products with a lean and sustainable process for our clients. We are remote first and have an inclusive and supportive culture. Our team is led by engineers with 20 or more years of experience building products from a variety of domains. This is an opportunity to work along side these veterans and learn how to ship high quality software in a lean and efficient manner.
Though the majority of our projects are written in Ruby on Rails, we focus on building amazing software that solve business problems first. We are actively working with Ember.js and Elixir and expect that React, Elm, and similar component-based front end frameworks will be part of our future projects. As a member of the team, you will get a chance to work on all of these platforms as part of your future growth.
- Produce responsive front-end web UI using HTML5, CSS
- Collaborate effectively in a team environment to implement the best solution for the project
- Communicate with clients and participate in regular planning sessions
- Work in an agile and lean manner
- Expand your technical and non-technical skill set
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Are skilled with SQL and interacting with relational databases
- Have done common back-end programming work such as api development and performance optimization
- Can produce cross-browser compliant HTML5 and CSS
- Are comfortable working with Git
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Think analytically and can apply problem solving skills
- Enjoy learning new technologies and improving your skillset
Bonus if you have:
- Enjoy mentoring others and sharing what you've learned through writing
- Include UX practices in your development process
- Have a knack for guiding product features
This job is a full-time, remote salaried position with benefits.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
If you have any questions about this position, please contact Marty through firstname.lastname@example.org.